Sunday 24 March 2013

Further Film Experiments

The piece of photographic paper was moved slightly whilst it was being exposed to get this effect:


I like this experiment and would possibly like to develop it in the future, by trying it with different photographs.

Sandwiched negatives:



This is my favourite technique so far and I would like to develop it further. I feel it relates to the exam theme, covert and obscure, really well as sandwiching the negatives obscures some parts of each image and brings out others.

Reversal:



To improve this image i would add glass on top of the paper when exposing it to light as some of it is a bit blurry. Also I would like to try it using the original photographs so the whole image is reversed, unlike this image where I used the dodging and burning image below.

Painted on developer:



I think this technique is effective as it helps to give more of a meaning to the image.

Dodging and buring:


This is one of my favourite photographs so far but I think it is a bit to plain a simple and I want to create something more exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Really exciting experiments here Katie. This shows the development of experiments - along a theme. What is really good is the context, the relation of your work to the work of others (Travis Album cover). The annotation is fine, as long as the technical details are noted in the sketch book (timings etc).

    Go could also go back and annotate the other experiments you did before as well.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete