Thursday 25 October 2012

Evaluation

I am happy with my final prints overall although a couple of them are slightly out of focus. I think they worked well and also linked in with the theme of everyday. 
At the beginning of the project I was finding it difficult to get a decent print using an SLR film camera and the darkroom, which was quite frustrating. After a few attempts I got the hang of it and found it fairly easy to get some good pictures, using the black and white negative and filters to get a clear photograph with strong contrast.
I enjoyed all of the experiments and techniques apart from the pinhole camera's which I didn't feel was very successful as it was so hard and time consuming to get a decent print. My favourites were creating the photograms in the darkroom with our personal objects and using the film camera's to take pictures of everyday life.
My final prints link to the theme of everyday life by showing peoples feet in different situations that would happen on a daily basis in a students life. As they show pictures of relaxing in bed, walking into college/class, working at a computer and socializing with friends. I chose to use this idea as I felt it was quite unique and gives and different angle on everyday life.
If I could go back I would re-shoot some more pictures making sure they were all in focus when taking them as some of my prints are out of focus, therefore losing the quality of the image. I would also experiment with a few more different ideas to give me a broader range to look at and choose from for my final outcome.
The Bjork Vespertine album artwork inspired my outcome the most, as I really liked the detail and surreal effect it gave the image.
Overall I enjoyed the project as I learnt a lot of new techniques and skills that I can use in the future but I also found it quite challenging and frustrating at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment